“All children deserve a great school in their neighborhood, one they can walk or ride the bus to with their friends. These friendships between children and their families unite communities and make them stronger.” Dr. Harry Bull
About Cherry Creek
The Cherry Creek School District is one of the highest-achieving school districts in the state of Colorado. Together, the Vision, Mission and Values describe the culture of the district: who we are, what we believe, and how we go about providing an excellent education for the children of Cherry Creek.
We are located in the southeast Denver, Colorado metropolitan area where the “fruited plains“ meet the “purple mountain majesties.“ We educate more than 54,000 children and serve over 300,000 residents in 108 square miles that spread across eight municipalities: Cherry Hills Village, Centennial, Foxfield, Glendale, Greenwood Village and portions of Aurora, Englewood and Denver.
• Elementary Schools (K-5) : 42 (5 year-round)
• Middle Schools (6-8) : 10
• High Schools (9-12) : 6
• Alternative High School (9-12) : 1
• Alternative Middle School (6-8) : 1
• Magnet School (K-8) : 1
• Charter School (K-8) : 1
Excellence and equity: More than 45% of our students are children of color.Raising the academic achievement of all students, closing the gap between the highest and lowest performing students, and eliminating the predictability of achievement by race is a consistent and critical goal.
• Provide all students with the opportunity to learn rigorous academic concepts through interdisciplinary, real-world applications in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
• Provide all students the opportunity to learn rigorous academic content so that they are prepared for college and postsecondary success upon graduation from high school.
• Provide equitable academic experiences which include all students in excellence.
• Establish strong positive relationships between parents of students of color and school and district staff.
• Develop and implement a systemic plan for professional learning for all Cherry Creek School District Employees.
• Create/sustain supportive learning environments in which each student feels safe, respected as a learner, and connected with adult staff, other students, and the community.
The Cherry Creek School District’s Mission — “To inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, to care” — is a compelling charge. To fulfill that mission we must ensure that all teachers have the knowledge and skill to teach the current and future student population, who will be living and working in a global economy. That calls for world-class instruction focused on preparing students for the 21st century and beyond. As a district, we are committed to giving all teachers the tools they need to work effectively with every student so that each child can reach his/her potential.
The Cherry Creek School District experiences strong community support. Parents and community members are our partners. They volunteer regularly in classrooms and serve on many school and district committees. Residents have approved all requested property tax increases except one during the past sixty years. Real estate agents include “Cherry Creek Schools” in advertisements because of the increased property values attributed to the outstanding reputation of the schools and district.
Dr. Harry Bull